Starting Out Safely is Victoria’s early childhood road safety education program. It aims to get children, parents, carers, and early childhood educators working together to guide children’s learning in being and becoming safe and independent road users.
Starting Out Safely is based on best practice principles and has been developed through evidence-based research in collaboration with leading early childhood experts.
The program has five main objectives:
- Facilitate the adoption of the Road Safety Education and Safe Transport policies by early childhood services and family day care providers.
- Deliver an efficient and effective model for the state-wide roll-out of early childhood road safety education professional development.
- Deliver an efficient and effective model for the state-wide roll-out of child car seat and booster seat education sessions.
- Deliver an efficient and effective model for the state-wide roll-out of the ThingleToodle (TT) education sessions.
- Advocate for the value of early childhood road safety education by influencing early childhood policy at the state and national level, raising the profile of the Starting Out Safely program and improving outcomes for Victoria.
Starting Out Safely is delivered by the Early Learning Association of Australia and funded by the TAC.
For more information, resources or to book in-class programs, visit the Starting Out Safely website via the link above.