Starting Out Safely (ThingleToodle)
- The Arts
- Health & Physical Education
- Early Learner
Starting Out Safely is about children, parents, carers and early childhood educators working together to guide children’s learning in being and becoming safe and independent road users.
VicRoads funds Early Learning Association Australia (External link) to deliver Starting Out Safely throughout Victoria.
The Starting Out Safely program character is ThingleToodle (TT). TT appears in television commercials funded by the Transport Accident Commission (TAC), and visits funded kindergarten programs throughout Victoria. The campaign videos can be viewed on the TAC website (External link).
Key statewide activities of Starting Out Safely include:
- early childhood road safety education advocacy
- professional development for early childhood educators
- child restraint education, including culturally and linguistically diverse communities, and
- ThingleToodle education sessions and activities.
"Stop, look, listen, think."
Part of a series of animated TVC's aimed at children, each centered around the ThingleToodle character demonstrating safe travel behaviours through jingles. Seatbelts, holding hands when crossing the road and stop, look, listen.