Module 2: Safe System objectives for a road transport system
Module 2: Safe System objectives for a road transport system provides students with an introduction into the Safe System as applied to the road transport industry. Topics will address the adoption and objectives of the Safe System and the physical concepts of harm through energy transfer and the need for energy management in the road transportation system. Module 2 is aimed towards students with prior learning experience in basic engineering subjects and who have an interest in developing knowledge about road transport engineering.
This is the second Module for the SS4U unit for engineering students and educators. Module 2 has been designed to be delivered in six parts.
Download lecture PowerPoint presentations below:
- Part 1: Why does harm occur PPTX, 17.24MB
- Part 2: The ethical and moral imperative for change PPTX, 13.58MB
- Part 3: What is a Safe System PPTX, 22.96MB
- Part 4: Introduction of the Safe System in Australia and New Zealand PPTX, 15.11MB
- Part 5: How are things different under a Safe System PPTX, 19.07MB
- Part 6: Design that supports harm elimination PPTX, 44.79MB
The tutorials have been developed to allow students to demonstrate the knowledge that they have gained through each module. Four tutorials are available for Module 2.